Children’s Accident Claims


Children’s Accident Claims

Minor accidents, bumps and bruises are all perfectly normal for most children. However, if your child has a more serious accident as a result of someone else’s negligence, we can help you determine whether or not you have a valid claim for compensation.

Our specialist team provides expert legal advice in different languages to clients who have been injured as a result of an accident. This includes helping parents claim for injuries to their children. They operate on a No Win No Fee basis, meaning that you won’t pay any fees unless your case is successful.


How can injuries to children occur?

Injuries to children – other than the inevitable trips falls and minor injuries – are thankfully rare. However, just like adults they are often owed a duty of care by schools, road users, medical practitioners and organisations responsible for shops, restaurants and other public places.

If that duty of care isn’t met, there could be a risk of injury. The most common causes of injury to children are:

  • Accidents at school or in a playground
  • Road Traffic Accidents
  • Injuries in shops and supermarkets
  • Medical Negligence

If your child has been affected by any of the above, or has suffered any other sort of injury, we recommend that you seek legal advice to determine whether or not you have a valid claim.


How much compensation might I receive?

The amount of compensation you receive very much depends on your specific circumstances. That’s why we recommend that you get in touch with us promptly so that we can discuss the details of your accident with you.

You may be able to claim for the following if they are a direct result of your injuries:

  • Compensation for distress and upheaval
  • Loss of earnings and financial losses incurred
  • Medical costs, prescription fees, care and rehabilitation costs
  • Damage to your property
  • Travel expenses incurred


How long do I have to make a claim?

Normally, personal injury claims need to commence within three years of the date of the incident, or the date on which you became aware of your injuries. Claims after this three-year limit are almost always declined.

However, cases involving children can be a little bit more complex. If you’re claiming on behalf of your child you can claim at any time up until their 18th birthday. After that date, your child is then an adult and could claim in their own right for injuries that occurred during their childhood. They would have three years in which to make a claim, taking them up to their 21st birthday.

Although the three year limit doesn’t apply as strictly to claims for children, we still strongly suggest that you seek legal advice as soon after the incident as possible.


Why do I need to act quickly for a children’s accident claim?

We recommend that you speak to a solicitor promptly if your child is injured, because:

  • They may need treatment or rehabilitation for their injuries which can be started sooner if compensation is secured.
  • Injury cases can hinge on fine details of the incident, which can be easier to prove while things are still fresh in your mind.
  • If your claim is against an organisation, it may not exist in the future which can complicate the claims process.


Do I have a valid claim for compensation?

If you can answer yes to all three of the following questions, we recommend that you contact us to discuss your circumstances further:

  • Was the incident within the last three years?
  • Was someone else to blame for the incident?
  • Were you injured as a result of the incident?

Answering ‘yes’ to all three doesn’t mean that a successful claim is certain. However, these questions are key to the claims process. Answering yes to all three does indicate that you have a greater chance of being entitled to claim. Getting prompt, specialist legal advice could be beneficial.

Because of the three-year time limit, it’s important that you contact us promptly so that we can start the process for you.


How do I begin a compensation claim for an accident involving my child?

Call us on 0208 1111 911 or contact us through the website and we’ll discuss your circumstances with you. The first call typically takes about 15 minutes and in that time we can usually determine whether or not it’s realistic to pursue a claim for compensation.

Contact our Solicitors

Get in touch today and let us know how we can help you


Request a Call Back

Please fill in your details bellow and we'll call you back as soon as possible.

    This data will only be used by LITKRAFT SOLICITORS in accordance with our Privacy Policy for processing your query and for no other purpose.

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.