Claims for Road Traffic Accidents in France


Claims for Road Traffic Accidents in France

If you’ve been injured in a Road Traffic Accident in France, you may not realise that you can bring a compensation claim under British law. Working with a British law firm can make the process quicker and less complicated whilst still helping you secure adequate compensation for your injuries.

Our specialist team provides expert legal advice in different languages to clients who have been involved in a wide range of accidents. They operate on a No Win No Fee basis, meaning that you won’t pay any fees unless your case is successful.


No win no fee compensation

As well as dealing with a British law firm, you’ll have the peace of mind that you won’t need to pay any legal fees unless your case is successful. If you are successful, our fees will simply be deducted from your settlement. If your case isn’t successful, you pay us nothing.


What evidence do you need of a French road traffic accident?

The more evidence of the accident you can provide, the easier it will be to manage your compensation claim:

  • A completed “Contstat D’Accident Amiable” form. This form is used in France to record accident details at the time, so it’s likely that you will have completed one.
  • Medial reports or records relating to any medical treatment you received while you were still in France.
  • Any photographs or dashcam footage of the vehicle, the damage or the scene of the accident.
  • Receipts for any expenses you have incurred as a direct result of the accident.
  • A record and evidence of any income you have lost because of your injury.


How long do I have to make a claim?

As with most personal injury claims made in the UK, you have three years from the date of the incident to make it. The French system however, is very different – you would typically need to wait for all injuries to stabilise and would then have ten years in which to make your claim.

Our advice is to simply get in touch for our advice as soon as you’re able to. We can advise on how to proceed and which country’s legal system you should claim through to give you the best chance of success.


How are French Road Accident claims handled?

Even if we use the British legal system to make your compensation claim, there is a chance that we may also involve a French lawyer as part of the process. Should we do this, they will work remotely with us as part of the same claim.

You would not need to pay any separate fees to them and would be advised of their involvement during the progress of your claim. We would only involve a French lawyer if the circumstances of your case dictated that the assessment of your damages payment had to be subject to French law rather than the law of England and Wales.


What can I claim for?

The amount of compensation you receive very much depends on your specific circumstances. That’s why we recommend that you get in touch with us promptly so that we can discuss the details of your accident with you.

You may be able to claim for the following if they are a direct result of your injuries:

  • Compensation for distress and upheaval
  • Loss of earnings and financial losses incurred
  • Medical costs, prescription fees, care and rehabilitation costs
  • Damage to your property
  • Travel expenses incurred


How do I begin a compensation claim for a French road traffic accident?

Call us on 0208 1111 911 or contact us through the website and we’ll discuss your circumstances with you. The first call typically takes about 15 minutes and in that time we can usually determine whether or not it’s realistic to pursue a claim for compensation.

Contact our Solicitors

Get in touch today and let us know how we can help you


Request a Call Back

Please fill in your details bellow and we'll call you back as soon as possible.

    This data will only be used by LITKRAFT SOLICITORS in accordance with our Privacy Policy for processing your query and for no other purpose.

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.