Injury & Accidents in Public Places


Injury & Accidents in Public Places

If you’ve been injured in a public place, you could be entitled to claim compensation for your injuries. If the accident was at least partly someone else’s fault, you may be able to prove negligence on the part of the owner or public authority responsible for the place.

Our specialist team provides expert legal advice in different languages to clients who have been involved in a wide variety of accidents. They operate on a No Win No Fee basis, meaning that you won’t pay any fees unless your case is successful.


How can accidents arise in a public place?

There are many ways that an injury can occur. These might include slips, trips or falls, dog bites, or you may suffer the impact of falling objects or equipment. Accidents can happen in any public place, but the most common places can include shops and shopping centres, restaurants, or parks and playgrounds.

The owners or operators of such places owe a duty of care to keep all visitors or users of their facility safe. An accident may imply that they have breached this duty and you may be entitled to claim compensation if you are injured as a result of such an accident.


What sort of injuries can I claim for after an accident in a public place?

We can advise on any injury, ranging from minor ones right through to catastrophic, life-changing injuries. Sadly, accidents can be fatal in some instances. If you have suffered the loss of a loved one or family member in the accident, we can advise you on how to claim for compensation.


Who will my compensation claim be against?

Your claim will typically be against the organisation responsible for the place and it will be funded by their Public Liability insurance. We can discuss your circumstances with you and advise you on the best course of action. In some public places there may be multiple parties involved and we can recommend who best to pursue your claim against.


How much compensation might I receive?

The amount of compensation you receive very much depends on the specifics of your accident and the injuries you received. That’s why we recommend that you get in touch with us promptly so that we can discuss the details of your accident with you.

You may be able to claim for the following if they are a direct result of your injuries:

  • Compensation for distress and upheaval
  • Loss of earnings and financial losses incurred
  • Medical costs, prescription fees, care and rehabilitation costs
  • Damage to your property
  • Travel expenses incurred


Do I have a valid claim for compensation?

If you can answer yes to all three of the following questions, we recommend that you contact us to discuss your circumstances further:

  • Was the incident within the last three years?
  • Was someone else to blame for the incident?
  • Were you injured as a result of the incident?

Answering ‘yes’ to all three doesn’t mean that a successful claim is certain. However, these questions are key to the claims process. Answering yes to all three does indicate that you have a greater chance of being entitled to claim. Getting prompt, specialist legal advice could be beneficial.

Because of the three-year time limit, it’s important that you contact us promptly so that we can start the process for you.


How do I begin a compensation claim for an accident in a public place?

Call us on 0208 1111 911 or contact us through the website and we’ll discuss your circumstances with you. The first call typically takes about 15 minutes and in that time we can usually determine whether or not it’s realistic to pursue a claim for compensation.

Contact our Solicitors

Get in touch today and let us know how we can help you


Request a Call Back

Please fill in your details bellow and we'll call you back as soon as possible.

    This data will only be used by LITKRAFT SOLICITORS in accordance with our Privacy Policy for processing your query and for no other purpose.

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.