Tenant Eviction Solicitors


Tenant Eviction Solicitors

If you’re involved in a dispute with tenants at your property, which can’t be resolved, you may need to resort to eviction. Sometimes, eviction can be the only solution and it’s important that you stay on the right side of the law and manage the process carefully to avoid further complications.

Our specialist team advises clients in different languages on a wide range of Property Law matters including tenant disputes and evictions. Call them on 0208 1111 911 or contact them through the website to discuss your circumstances with them.


How do I go about evicting my tenants?

Like any legal process it’s best to start by trying to manage the process amicably with the tenants. For you to want to evict them, they may have damaged the property or fallen behind on their rent payments. It’s important that you remind them of their obligations under their tenancy agreement with you. That way, they can’t say later on that they weren’t aware of the reasons for their eviction.

If this doesn’t resolve matters, we can issue either a ‘Section 8’ or ‘Section 21’ notice. This is a formal notice issued to the tenants and enforceable by the courts. A Section 21 might be issued if the tenancy has simply expired, with no breaches of the agreement (rent arrears, damage to the property or anti-social behaviour would constitute a breach).

A Section 8 is more appropriate if there has been a breach as you can recover money for your lost rent. This notice can also be acted on more quickly, especially if anti-social behaviour is involved.

We can advise on the best course of action based on your circumstances. Ultimately, enforcement is the final option if your tenants still refuse to vacate the property. In practice though, it rarely comes to that and most disputes are resolved sooner than that. A lot will depend on the attitude of your tenants as to when and how the eviction is completed.


What other legal services might I need?

Our Property Law specialists can help with a wide range of other services, including Tenancy Agreements. Reviewing and updating your agreements can help reduce the risk of tenant disputes in the future.


How do I get advice on eviction of tenants?

Call us on 0208 1111 911 or contact us through the website and we’ll discuss your circumstances with you. Then we’ll recommend the best course of action and explain how we can help you. The initial call is free and we’ll advise you of our fees before you decide to instruct us.

Contact our Solicitors

Get in touch today and let us know how we can help you


Request a Call Back

Please fill in your details bellow and we'll call you back as soon as possible.

    This data will only be used by LITKRAFT SOLICITORS in accordance with our Privacy Policy for processing your query and for no other purpose.

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.